Looking for a job
Job search page
The RetailChoice.com home page contains the job search form. The form has several elements, all of which are optional.
Keyword box. Use keywords to help you narrow down your search. Type in words which may appear in the job title or job description of the job you are looking for.
For more detailed help, please see 'keyword searching'.
Pick lists. There are several pick lists from which you can select criteria to help you narrow down your search. If you want to select more than one option, click on the plus (+) sign, then hold down the control key on your keyboard and click on the options you want.
Once you have made your selections and/or typed in any keywords, click on 'search now' to get your first page of results.
The job search results page has several functions available to the user:
- Each job vacancy matching your criteria will be displayed in a row on the page. This row displays the following information
- Job title - click on it to view the job details
- A pr�cis of the job description
- The advertiser�s name
- The location of the job
- Position - this is the type of job as described by the advertiser.
- Sector - this is the area of the retail industry that the advertiser has described the job is in.
- A description of the salary
- Job type � Full time, part time etc.
- The date the job was posted
- New search. Click here if you are not happy with your results and want to try a different search.
- Email me jobs like these. If you are a registered user of 'My RetailChoice', click on this button to save the job search you have just made, and use it to send any more jobs that match the same criteria to you via email.
- Page navigation. At the top and bottom of your results page, there are forward and back arrows, and a counter telling you how many pages of results there are. Results are restricted to 20 per page.
- Refine search. If you wish to refine your existing search rather than do a new search, type in any more keywords you may have, and click on 'search'. This will search the whole database for those keywords, using the other criteria you specified on the search page.
Job details page
The job details page contains the specific job description and contact details for a given job. Other functions are:
- Begin a new search. Click on this to go back to the search page.
- Return to job results page. Click on this to go back to your list of results.
- Send to a friend. Click on this link to send the job you are viewing to a friend who may be interested in it. Put your own email address, as well as theirs, in the window that pops up, so they know who it is from.
- Page navigation. At the top and bottom of your results page, there are forward and back arrows, and a counter telling you how many pages of results there are. Results are restricted to 20 to a page.
- Apply online. Click on this button if you want to apply for this job online. You may leave RetailChoice.com and be directed to the recruiters own online application form.
- Contact details. If you wish to apply for the job by traditional methods, click on this link. A pop up window will appear containing the physical contact information for that advertiser.